AN IMPORTANT READ:
COVID-19 is in the news everywhere and is not going away any time soon. It's going to be one more thing we must protect ourselves from. Over the decades, dentistry has continually adapted, modifying and improving infection control practices to ensure public safety. We're reaching out to assure you that you are safe at GEMS Dental.
We already, as a daily practice, follow universal precautions as outlined by the CDC and OSHA standards of infection control. Safety is always our number one focus. Our high standard of care ensures that your trust and safety are never compromised.
We are taking extended measures to further protect all our patients and team with the following additional protocols:
- In compliance with the recommendations for public health, anyone with a cough or fever will not be allowed in the building and should stay home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Before your appointment, you have the option to stay in your car instead of the waiting room until we're ready to seat you in your personal operatory. Simply call us when you arrive, and we will let you know when we are ready for you.
- As of June 22, 2020 Harris County officials have mandated that masks or face coverings must be worn in indoor facilities and places of business. Please come in wearing a face mask/ covering. Do not remove it until you are in the treatment room and please wear it before you leave the treatment area.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival and you will be required to fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Upon entering GEMS Dental, you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- We have removed some chairs in our waiting area to optimize social distancing practices while you wait. We ask that you make an effort to come alone to your appointment to minimize the number of people in the waiting area. If you and your family have an appointment, we ask you to please sit on the couch with your family.
- We have removed all magazines and closed our coffee bar to minimize cross contamination.
- Any pen, iPad, clipboard, credit card machine or regularly touched item used at check in/ check out is disinfected after every use.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with OraCare (Activated Chlorine Dioxide). OraCare Mouth Rinse has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Due to the extensive Personal Protective Equipment we wear, we keep it cold in our office. Please plan to bring your own blanket or sweater to ensure your comfort. We no longer provide blankets in the interest of minimizing cross contamination.
- We are using special HVAC attachments that maximize suction and greatly minimize aerosols.
- After your appointment, we are requesting you sanitize your hands before re-entering the business area.
- We are rigorously disinfecting all surfaces in non-treatment areas as well, including our lab, waiting area, checkout area, restrooms, office areas, and the staff lounge.
- We are taking every team member's temperature two times a day.
You can be assured safety measures at GEMS Dental will always be our top priority and will be modified as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you!
The Team at GEMS Dental.